Model-Based Imputation of SST Images
G. Zheng, F. Murtagh and J.G. Campbell
- Daily SST data available, prepared for 82 x 70 0.1 degree pixels
of the west African coast.
- Output from Ispramix OGCM, with assimilation, also available.
- Model incorporates meteorological and other external information.
- Over 70% of observed SST values are missing (over a year's data).
- Can we impute such missing values from the model?
What is the best
way to do this?
How effectively can we do this?
- This can be taken as a nonlinear regression problem.
- Obviously neighborhood information is important: we must take that
- Resolution scale is very important also in geo-referenced data: how
do we take that into account? How do we choose appropriate relative