Results for 1982-1-9
- In the observed SST data,
4557 pixels are known,
relate to land,
258 pixels are missing (5.7%).
- To facilitate treatment of boundaries, a buffer 8 pixels wide is
put around the image. Land values and missing values are temporarily
replaced with overall average pixel value.
- Average value of model data is 20 degrees. Average pixel value of
observed SST data is 20.8 degrees.
- All cases of nonlinear mapping (MLP) used 5 pixels in the originating
image (central pixel, plus N, S, E, W neighbors) and 1 pixel in the
- From known pixels, 4000 were used for training and the remainder,
591, for testing.